James before school! Ben had to get in on some of the picture taking action!
James reported that he did finger painting "with only one finger, not two or all because that makes a mess." I can't wait to see the picture. He said he drew a picture of our house...we'll see if that's what it actually is. He was also happy to announce that he got to go outside for a snack of crackers and grapes. He says snack time is his favorite part of class. Go figure, he is Sean's son!

Here goes nothing-school here he comes!
While James was at school Ben and I had an adventure of our own. I figured school time was a good time to get the grocery shopping done as I would only have one kid in tow, and of course the kids are always better behaved with there is only one of them...always always that way- So we did our shopping without incident, Yeah! It has started to really pour rain by the time we got out of the store (very unusual weather here in the desert, but definitely welcome). Ben didn't like the rain at all so I was trying to hurry. In my haste I shut the truck door with...you guessed it, my keys in the trunk, along with my cell phone. Now what? I has just over a hour to get my car situation figured out and get back over to pick up James. All my phone numbers, and keys to my house were also locked in the car. There was only one thing to do- call and admit my stupidity to my husband and ask him to rescue me.
So when I went back into the store to call I had to ask for some one's cell phone to call my husband's long distance cell phone number...but after two tries he called back and talked his attending into letting him come and bail me out of my predicament. About 20 minutes later my husband put his arm around me and laughed as he said, that's okay- you had to come bail me out of the same situation on that long ago. That reminder made me feel better. And the people at the store were super nice too, they gave Ben like 4 helium balloons, and three suckers (one for Mommy and brother when we got home), and free cookies! Ben thought he had died and gone to Heaven- I better be careful not to let him have my keys next time we are at the store...
I hurried home and had just enough time to put the groceries away and then go and pick James up.
Ben holding tight to his spoils from the store
So, unfortunately I actually thought to myself "well, as long as nothing else happens, today won't be so bad after all!" I didn't say it out loud, but apparently thinking it is enough to jinx yourself. I had to go to work for an hour after lunch. Even though he had enjoyed school, he still didn't like to be left, and apparently the two hour separation from Mommy while at school was his limit. He clung, and cried as I tried to get out the door. That's a new act for my Jamie, one he apparently learned from Ben! But luckily I slipped into work about 2 minutes before I was supposed to start my therapy session. But it was just fine. Unfortunately today just was not my day, as about 40 minutes into the hour I started seeing spots in my vision. I hoped they would just go away, but as they usually do when the appear, they began to get worse. I cut my session a couple minutes short and got home as soon as I could hoping my vision didn't get so bad that I would have to call my husband again...this time to drive me home. Luckily for me I made it home just fine. The bad news was I was laid out on my back on the couch with one of my killer migraine headaches...for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
My wonderful husband didn't make me feel bad and just laughed at me as he made frozen pizza for dinner, put the kids to bed, and then put me to bed as well. Of course I wasn't able to sleep for another two hours, but he still put me in bed and did the dishes before putting himself to bed too. All and all a pretty good performance from my stellar hubby- but as for me, I'm going to say it was a "Horrible, Terrible, No good, Very bad, make you want to move to Australia" kind of day. But, my Mother informs me that even in Australia they lock keys in cars, and get migraines- so I guess for now I will just stay here where I am.






Keyton starts his preschool in three weeks. Hope I don't shed those tears too... I can't believe they're officially preschoolers already. Now that they're not 6 months old, we need to see you guys again. I'm sure they'd have a grand ol' time together! Coming up for any holidays soon? :)
ReplyDelete