Last week we decided to take a break from the heat of Las Vegas and spent 5 days with Fran and Red in Burley Idaho. The weather was beautiful! It was cool in the mornings, warm enough to swim in the afternoon, and then 4 out of the 5 days we were there it rained for about 10-30 minutes in the evening and once again cooled everything down. We thoughly enjoyed the mid 80 degree weather and spent most of our time playing outside!!!
While we were there my mother and sister came to visit us as well. Fran was the hostess with the mostest, as 6 of my family members joined in the fun, including my brother Garth, Cassy, her Girls and my Mom. We spent a lot of time laughing and joking like we always do. And of couse it wouldn't be a visit without playing our favorite game- Dragon Lords (it's like hearts on steroids). It was just the break all of us needed- Thanks Granny Franny and Grandpa Red, you really are the best! How on earth did I get so lucky to love my in-laws as much as I do?
Grandma Julie brought presents for the boys, including a small swimming pool that she bought for Ben's birthday. All the kids begged me to open it right away, but we already had Granny Franny's pool, and I didn't want to have to try and squeeze it back into the box afer using it. We all know that would have never happened no matter how hard I could have tried. So it stayed in the box until it made it all the way back to Las Vegas.
By Monday morning the kids were already begging to put it up and play in it. We finally got it all blown up and filled with water that afternoon, and then the fun began all over again. They were having so much fun I had to take a few pictures and some videos. They tell the story so much better than I do-- so I hope you enjoy this as much as we enjoyed doing it!
We sure do love and miss all our family, it was so good to see some of you! I can't wait until we can all live much closer!






No comments:
Post a Comment