In the last week or two I have felt a great sense of gratitude for the blessings in my life. As I have pondered these blessings in the early hours of the morning or quiet hours at night I have realized that so many of these awesome blessings have come to me as a result of following the counsel of the Prophets. For example. I love my job, I love what I do, and the freedom I experience because of my qualifications. It has given me the freedom to supplement Sean's small income as we need. I work only a few hours a week, and so am able to primarily be at home, and yet still have enough money to make ends meet comfortably. All of this because I followed the counsel to get an education...to get as much education as I could. Had I stopped after a graduate degree I would not enjoy the benefits that I now enjoy- in my situation it was appropriate to continue. I know that this is not always the case, but for me, following that counsel has brought such rich blessings. Next, I think about my family situation- I am married and sealed to a man for eternity, not just for this life, a man who loves and is commited to me. I have two wonderful kids and a third one on the way and all with a father that I know has wanted and looked forward to every one of our kids. What rich blessings I have received because I lived the standards of the gospel. I enjoy health and freedom from living the word of wisdom, security at home because we live the Law of Chasity, and temporal abundance as we live within our means and pay an honest tithe- there are just so many wonderful things in my life, how can I ever complain- the Lord loves me, and I feel his hand blessing me and my family as I strive to live the counsel He sends through his prophets. I love the restored gospel, what a great message of joy and happiness it has to offer as we live the standards and let His spirit permeate our lives. Thank you Lord for the richness that thou has given me in my life!
Oh Cyntha, that was beautiful, and i concur!
ReplyDelete