So the New Year has come and gone. I have had almost all of my friends tell me that their goal is to simplify or de-clutter their lives, to cut back and just do the basics...well, as for that that seems impossible. The week before the new year I was asked to serve as the Primary President in my ward- how do you add that to your life and still simplify?
Oh well, as always the New Year provides a wonderful time to think about what changes we should make in our life and I have selected a few basic goals to improve on. When I was younger my Grandfather taught a Family Home Evening lesson on setting goals and taught that you should set goals to impove all areas of your life to remain well rounded, the areas he taught included the following:
1. Spiritual
2. Social
3. Financial/professional
4. Physical
So in an effort to follow that counsel I have set some goals for all those areas- my favorite being in the socail area. I have decided that I need to make time for me too- which for me means making time to hang out with friends atleast 1-2 times a month! Sounds like a fun goal, huh? Well I am so excited to start this off with a one day visit with my very best friends in the whole world- my Mom and two sisters. We are leaving kids and husband behind and spending a day just enjoying eachother. I have decided I love making new goals like this one! It makes all the other goals so much easier to work toward.
The rest of December 2016
9 years ago






Primary President? Holy cow Cyntha! I can totally see you being in that calling, but I didn't expect it so soon! Good luck!
ReplyDelete